Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Frozen Hot Chocolate

On this warm but lovely Memorial Day, I felt like making something new. Not hard, but new. Looked through some recipes I had scanned recently and found this one for Frozen Hot Chocolate in Alice Medrich's Chocolate and the Art of Low-Fat Desserts So I gave it a whirl. Since I've got the recipe already scanned, I'll upload it, with all rights reserved to the author, of course (click for the larger version):


I halved the recipe and used the espresso powder. This is what it looked like after warming slightly (and I do mean slightly, it was still cool to the touch when all the sugar had defrosted). It took all of 5 minutes. Maybe even less. Oh and I used raw turbinado sugar, because that's what I had. I wonder if it would work out with agave... probably not too well:


Next day, I followed the rest of the recipe. I have no idea if this is what it's really supposed to look like, but it was damn good, so I can't say that I care much!

1 comment:

galatea. said...

mmm this is perfect xx